Thursday, May 26, 2011

Miss Hawaiian Tropic 2011

I love Dick and Jane.  No, not that dumb movie where Tea Leoni and Jim Carey rob a bank, but vintage kids readers Dick and Jane.  When I was pregnant with Calla, Dave's Grandmother found out that is how we were decorating her room and gifted us with a whole set of readers for her when she was older.  Well now she is older (sniff sniff) and is starting to sound out the words. 

Unfortunate for me, once I get a dialect in my head it sticks, and all of the conversations I have with myself  (yes I know I am crazy) for the next week or so sound like that.  This week it is all Dick and Jane.  Last week when I read "The Help" everything was from a 1960's Mississippi  black maid's perspective.  Instead of thinking in my head, "Hey Dave can you take out the trash?"  In my mind it was translated to:  "Lord child..... when you gonna take out dat garbage?  It done stink to high heaven."  See what I mean?

So in honor of Dick and Jane and because I am not any good at Haikus, I am going to tell you a story a la Dick and Jane style.  Only this time you have to change the names to India and Rusty.  Follow???


SEE BASKET


SEE BASKET DOWN OFF SHELF WHILE I TAKE A SHOWER


SEE SELF TANNER OUT OF BASKET


LOOK
LOOK AT INDIA AND RUSTY


LOOK AT INDIA APPLY SELF TANNER TO HERSELF AND RUSTY


RUN RUSTY RUN


BAD BAD INDIA


CRY MOMMY CRY

Nuff said.......

PS. Anyone know how to get self tanner off the dog fur? 

No comments:

Post a Comment