Sunday, January 29, 2012

Simple Math

-Because it is late on Sunday.  9:00 pm is late when you pass out by 9:30 pm.

-Because I have a long week ahead of me helping Dave to prepare for a 3 hr. presentation on Sunday.  (Lord help me!)

-Because Calla's homework this week was so hard, I think it was secretly replaced with that of a 4th grader. Seriously since when are Kindergarteners supposed to add 15 numbers in one row to equal 86?  All of the homework thus far has been, 2 + 2 = 4.  Not 7+7+8+4+6+3+9+......I wish I was kidding.  We had to get out the calculator to check it, because there were so many numbers to just add it in my head.  I am however glad she can count that high, because next week she gets to learn how to balance Mommy's checkbook for extra credit.  No need to go any higher, we went to Target 3 different times this week for various medicines, bananas, gummy bears, running knickers, diapers, and such.  You know, the important stuff.  So there isn't much in there to balance.

-Because Dave made me do fractions and blueprint measurement take offs for an estimate this week.  Did I mention I have an Art History degree?  I rock at Jeopardy especially when buzzed on suds.  I do not rock at adding fractions and converting them into liner feet and square feet to build a retaining wall.

Here is your story problem for the week.  I promise it doesn't involve getting the UPS man from one side of the town to the other in the shortest amount of time possible while making only left hand turns and stopping to pee and grab a Slurpee at 7-11 only once.   Actually now that I think about it, if you add in 2 kids, their 2 schools in 2 different cities, the accountants office, and an additional Starbucks trip, that pretty much resembles my day tomorrow.  Mmmm..... Slurpees.   Are you ready?

3 pounds of Gummy Bears


Minus 1 Pound of Gummy Bears


Equals 2 Guilty Dingo Dogs 




See....Now that wasn't hard was it.

Nighty Night

No comments:

Post a Comment