Monday, December 12, 2011

Nutcracker 2011

Ok, just warning you, I am not Ansel Adams.  All of the photos are from my phone.  Just pretend the dark and blurry ones were taken from some Hipstamatic app or something cool like that.

On the 12th day of Christmas my true love gave to me:

12 pairs of eyelashes
All of the junk it takes to make me into Grandma each night
On the 11th day of Christmas my true love gave to me:

11 shows!

Ok, I'm done being creative and out of numbers.  Here are just the pics.
Practice tutus
Snow rehearsal in studio
Rat King head
What old ladies wear to rehearsal
What I look like before the wrinkles.
Well, the drawn on ones at least.
The new "lounge" backstage at the Lincoln Center.
All those doors are separate dressing rooms  
Snow headpieces and tiaras 
Pointe shoes
In the wings for warm up w/out backdrops and curtains
View from the orchestra pit
Nutcrackers for sale
The house 
View from the house of dancers on stage during warm up 
Nutcracker head
Our dressing room and Ethel the Grandma head
The robe back (I added Giselle)
The robe front
Grandma after her wrinkles and pearls
Ethel and Herman before all is said and done



If you scroll back up to the close up shot of me, you will notice I had to draw a widow's peak on my forehead because the wig didn't fit right, and it kept slipping backwards.  It took till Sunday night to realize the Costume Mistress had styled the wig upside down.  Would have been good to know 6 shows and 2 dress rehearsals ago. So with 3 hrs to sit around between shows, we flipped the nasty ol' wig right side up, adjusted my feathers, and now it sits lower on my head.  Grandma Ethel now looks proper.  Well......as proper as a drunk old lady can look.   

Thanks to everyone who came and saw the shows.  It was much appreciated!  


And thanks to Greg for the last picture actually taken with a real camera.  Too bad about the damn wig.  Oh well there is always Loveland.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely Nutcracker! Merde for this weekend :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. You look awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Wish you were here a couple weeks later.

    ReplyDelete