Thursday, January 27, 2011

Well........

Ok, I am officially ready to chuck the stupid computer, after we get the pictures off.  Ya'll are just going to have to use your imagination about India's b-day pics.  She sat on my lap, and picked at a cupcake.  No diving in, no money shot.  Sorry to break the news.  Anyway, now that that is out of the way, we can move on and I can not feel guilty about not posting the pictures. 

Last week I experienced some serious hormones combined with some S.A.D.   Call it me being sick of the wind, and feeling like all I ever do is pay bills, wipe butts, take care of a teething baby, and pick up the damn Yo Gabba Gabba dolls 60 times a day.  I was just exhausted and feeling more like "Spanky the $12,000 Grand Champion hog" from the Stock Show.  My lack of energy and motivation to do anything combined with a serious Panera bagel binge and Bachelor reruns left me feeling literally like a hog.  It was obvious I needed to do something.  So I put the bagel down and ordered some new exercise clothes and videos.  I also figured it would be a good idea to make some cookies to tide me over until the stuff came.  Shopping always helps to motivate me and so do cookies.  Besides the "I just had a baby" excuse at the gym wasn't working anymore since India is now 1 and everyone knows I lost the 14lbs I gained with her 1 week after she was born. 

Moving on to this week of actually doing the damn videos.  Calla and I started out with some Zumba and then moved on to Jackie Warner's Crunch Free Xtreme Abs.  I figured if you spell the word extreme without the E it must be harder.   Calla was as eager as a Miss America contestent to get started.  She ran around the house before hand with a tutu on and a Denver Nuggets sweatband on her head shaking the Zumba sticks yelling "lets move it people, we have some exercising to do!"   Seeing as she has like no body fat, it is obvious she will be sporting her 6 pack abs in 2 weeks doing the videos, and will be ready for her Toddlers and Tiaras debut.   Me, I am still walking like I have a stick up you know where thanks to video # 3 Tracy Anderson's Method.  Now being a dancer, plies are not hard things for me to do.  However Tracy's method is to do, and I am not kidding you, 100+  plies in a row.  Effective yes, but walking through Target like I just pooped my pants is just asking for people to stare at me.  

So this week I don't feel like poor Spanky anymore who is probably now bacon and ribs for a high end restaurant in LoDo.  And as much as I don't like exercising, it does get me 2 hrs of alone me time to watch Ellen and Oprah at the gym 3 days a week.  I am trying to commit to doing ballet on Saturdays and on Tues and Thurs when Miss Pre School Colorado is home, we'll do a video.  

Because I know some of you will ask, here is the cookie recipe.  It is somewhat healthly because it is made with all of the cereal that is leftover when you come home with a new box from the grocery store and your kids and husband have to open the new one to get the toy out and never finish the old one. 

Rough and Ready Cookies

In a HUGE bowl, Cream together 1 cup Crisco, or butter  with 1 cup white sugar and 1 cup brown sugar.  (I said somewhat healthy) Beat in 1 teaspoon of vanilla and 2 eggs.  Once combined, add in 1 teaspoon of baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 2 cups of oatmeal, 2 cups of flour, 1/2 cup of coconut, 1/2 cup of chocolate chips, and 2 cups of cereal. 
Stir together until all incorporated.  (Aren't you glad I suggested a huge bowl now)

Mold into small balls and press down on an ungreased cookie sheet, or if you are lazy like me, spray a large 13x 9 pan and make like a rice krispy treat or brownie bar instead.   Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 min, or until it looks done.  Note: pan takes longer to cook then balls. 

Now you can make this healthy by adding dried cranberries, kashi, wheat germ and other things that make you poop easier if you like. Using smart balance butter sticks helps too. But you know me I used real butter.  I also had on hand chocolate chips, cheerios, rice krispys, grape nuts, and some mystery cereal, so that is what I used.  Everyone including India will eat them for breakfast. 

Enjoy!

XOXO, Cara

No comments:

Post a Comment