Thursday, May 22, 2014

Teacher Gifts

So I have been struggling to figure out what to give the teachers at the girl's school as a thank you gift for the end of the year. I of course began to think about this on Monday. Last weekend my Mother and I were at a wedding in NC.
My dress is from Rickshaw Design. Very Very comfy in the humidity!
Did I mention school is out today, Thursday! Yet again flying by the seat of my pants! Work has been crazy busy with details and such. (Not complaining, just stating!) So I haven't exactly been able to put my Martha Stewart hat on and troll Pinterest for hours looking for that perfect gift. Calla loved all of her teachers this year and wanted to do something a bit more then give a bag of M&M's and a Starbucks card. Fyi, if anyone wants to give me a bag of M&M's and a Starbucks card, I would love you till the sun goes down. But she wanted it to be more personal.

Cue last nights trip into town to pick up the small child named after a large county, aka India. A stop later at Tarjet Boutique and the liquor store and we were done. Now, when I put out there on Facebook that I was thinking of giving wine and booze to the teachers it was met with mixed opinions. I decided to take the safe road and didn't give the wine and booze to the elementary school teacher, I am instead giving it to the ballet teachers! I have completely different relationships with the ballet teachers and they are my personal friends. Some for over 20 years. After I stumbled across these cute insulated wine bags, that task was crossed off the list.
 Back to the 2nd grade teacher. On the shelf next to the wine coozie thingy was a cute insulated cooler tote bag. Smaller then a giant cooler, bigger then a lunch box. The whole gift is perfect for a picnic in the park or a day at the lake……..no kids. We stuffed it full of goodies like a Godiva chocolate bar, lemon lip balm, a matching tumbler, a magazine, sunscreen, and a towel. Lastly we included a nice handwritten note by Calla, as suggested by a teacher friend, telling her how much she enjoyed having her as a teacher this year.
Sorry I wasn't able to get a picture of the bag and all of its contents but it wasn't until I jumped out of the car to let her out in the infamous drop off lane, that I thought to take a picture. I figured I deserved to hold up traffic to get my damn picture since I have spent all year fighting these crazy people who wash faces, finish homework, breakfast, you name it in the drop off lane each morning. You get the idea.

With this weekend being Memorial Day, we decided to be nice bosses and give the guys the day off. Ok, we all know I am just being selfish and want this stinkin' house final inspected. If we can get it together, we might just be able to finish off all of the nagging items to get the cert. of occupancy and get moved in and buttoned up on trim. My lovely Father has been here all week helping us finish up on the staircase. So so close.
Anyone have plans for Memorial Day? Fun plans so I can live vicariously through you? I am staying home and unburying myself from the mounds and mounds of laundry overtaking the bedrooms. It is a bit obscene. I'll spare you the photos. I also have tons of annual flowers for one of our jobs to plant. I might take the extra I order for our shop every year and get the pots planted up.

Have a great weekend!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment