Monday, April 14, 2014

Goodnight Dancers

In the great big theater there was a performance. 
And a red tutu and a cow jumping through the wings. 
And there were 3 girls dancing with chairs. 
And two little chickens, and a pair of silver mittens. 
And a comb and a brush and a dance bag full of stuff. 
And a quiet lady backstage whispering "hush." 
Goodnight theater, goodnight wings, goodnight cow jumping through the wings. 
Goodnight lights, and the red tutu. 
Goodnight girls, goodnight chairs. 
Goodnight chickens and goodnight silver mittens. 
Goodnight comb and goodnight brush. 
Goodnight nobody.
 Goodnight dance bag full of stuff, and goodnight to the quiet lady backstage whispering "hush." Goodnight snow. 
Goodnight air. 
Goodnight dancers everywhere.

The show is over. 
I am both sad and happy. Sad my body won't get the skipping workout on a regular basis, and happy my body won't be doing the skipping workout on a regular basis. Calla did an amazing job, not one bobble, and I ended up with a fat lip from smacking faces with one of my partners during a fake kiss at the last show. Pretty sure my fellow dancers won't forget me yelling onstage in our twirling flying pinwheel lift, "Is my nose bleeding?!?!" Geeze Louise ballet isn't supposed to be brutal. But we all suffer for our art right? Haha! So now it is back to regular classes and helping the kids rehearse for their Spring Recital. Back to working on the house, and hopefully finishing it sooner then later.  

For those of you who aren't on Facebook or Instagram here are a couple of pics. Sorry I didn't manage to get one of the cow, or the chicken, but you can just use your imagination. Also, it appears going through my photo feed that Dave taught India how to ride the motorcycle while we were gone. In her pjs. Wonder how she reaches the pedals? :)  









No comments:

Post a Comment