Saturday, August 20, 2011

A couple of things….

To enlighten your morning. 

We are headed off to a busy Sat..  Farmers Market, French Nest Flea Market, Recycle Center, socializing the dog in public so he doesn’t eat small children when they come and visit my house, and cleaning the piss pod.  I was thinking my SIL was crazy for all of things she had to do today and then I looked at my list and realized it looked pretty much the same as mine minus the school supply shopping.  Although I do need to brave Wally World to grab some lunch meat and various other things to pack in lunches now that everyone is in school again. 

Dave is attending the school of life, and  if I don’t pack his lunch he comes home and tells me he ate a bacon guac cheeseburger, or ranch fried chicken sammie.  Not good dude.  Now that I have used his DNA to spawn beautiful children with nice hair, I need to keep him and a lower cholesterol around awhile longer so we can pay off the homestead.   Now I am not some crazy raw food eating vegan.  (Hello Little Debbie I heart you) but he always appreciates it when I fix good food.   Lately “I have been fixing food from the “Peas and Thank You” cookbook.  www.peasandthankyou.com  She is a pretty strict vegetarian, but I find if I substitute the regular option, ie. real butter, it works out just fine.  Her blog has tons of recipes on it too.  Up this weekend blueberry cheesecake muffins. 

1. Calla started Kindergarten this week.  (I am old!) It was not a huge ordeal since has been going to Pre School, but she rode the bus home and that was big thing.  We don’t exactly live near the school and she has never ridden a bus, but the enticement of not wearing a seatbelt and getting to see everything out the window was a lot of fun.  The bus driver looks like Ms. Sturgis 1987.  She is super super nice and lets just say I never had a bus driver call me “doll” and “honey,” or look even like that.  I am guessing there is a reason she is not a high school bus driver.  That would be asking for trouble. 

First day of school:002

That is a tattoo on her arm.  India had one too:

003

She loves showing it off to everyone.  It originally said “Sassy.”  But she picked the S off.  Now it just says “Assy.”  Of course it does.  She still can’t say Calla, but has no problem saying tattoo.

2. I managed to shove a 10lb giant stuffed animal chair into my washing machine and dryer against the manufacturer’s suggestion of spot clean. Sorry overpriced children’s store that is now out of business because of the recession, spot cleaning wasn’t going to cut it for Lulu.  She was way too gone.  5 + years of gunk and grime, and now dog pee forced me to take actions into my own hands.  She isn’t perfectly cream colored, but she is clean.    004

3. The new Athleta catalog came.  I am not sure who was more excited, Dave or me.  For those of you who may not know what Athleta is, it is a company that sells yoga, running, and general athletic apparel.  They use gorgeous models who are muscle ripped future Olympians in super shape and put them in compromising yoga positions, and bikinis.  Dirty old man.  You won’t be so happy when the the AmEx bill comes.  Did I mention they sell pants in short length and cut generous for “muscular” thighs and bottoms.  Those women are not featured as models.

4. India has taken to encouraging bad behaviors in the resident Chupacabra.  I am not sure who to yell at these days.  But the simple one word commands for the dog seem to be working on India as well. 

005

Sayonara for now.  Off to get my Mr. Miyagi on and get rid of some of these flies!  So bad this year Daniel San.   “Man who catch fly with chopstick accomplish anything.”  “Ever catch one?” “Not yet.”

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Cara, your life reminds me of mine, minus the chicawawbra ( sp?) I can't believe how much the girls have grown! I had to giggle about, Calla, reminds me of Alea :) Oh the Athleta catalog! Want so much out of there and yes, amex card beware ;)

    ReplyDelete